Miri Parking Systems Sdn. Bhd. (MPS) is the car parking concession holder for Miri City starting 1st January 2014. MPS is managed solely by Rezeki Tinggi Sdn. Bhd. who is also managing Kuching City Parking Systems Sdn. Bhd. (KCPS), the car parking concession holder for Kuching City since 1st February 2005.
Since its operation KCPS which is managed solely by Rezeki Tinggi Sdn. Bhd. for both City Authorities of Kuching, Dewan Bandaraya Kuching Utara (DBKU) and Majlis Bandaraya Kuching Selatan (MBKS) have enjoyed more than triple monthly guaranteed parking bays rental income with an additional 52% year end dividend from KCPS as compared to the former concession holder.
Local Government across Asia is facing considerable challenges, confronting the many consequences of global economic downturn, the dual impositions of decreasing revenue and the need to retain and even increase expenditure to meet the needs of community are creating budget deficits.
Miri Parking Systems Sdn. Bhd. (MPS) has established technologies, software and supporting processes capable of delivering high yield outcomes. A recent tender evaluation undertaken by Brisbane City Council selected an outsourcing model where the projected savings was estimated to be 40% over an in-house arrangement. Where technology is utilized effectively Local Government can achieve greater cost savings and better revenue. Many parking service providers are continually upgrading and looking to invest in new technologies that provide cost and revenue benefits for clients. Miri City Council (MCC) can benefit from partnering with MPS.
The decision to outsource on-street parking services by MCC is to enable a new working environment, more conducive to high levels of efficiency and quality expected by the Council and the Miri community. With the implementation of back-office services and an integrated IT solution the parking processes will fundamentally improve and a higher level of customer support and service is provided. The outsourcing will realize more efficient and effective parking processes and with better audit trail. Outsourcing parking services will actually provide MCC with more control. MPS have direct access to reporting data and systems and with contract management through auditing management of KPI’s and other service level.
Through effective management of MPS performance and alleviated of the involvement in the day-to-day operational aspects of the service, MMC is able to focus on strategic intent and community-wide benefits of parking enforcement.
MCC decision to outsource the on-street car parking is to focus on delivering the following benefits:
- Increased productivity and reduction in cost of managing the parking services operation
- Gain efficiencies in on-street parking enforcement
- A reduction in the number os appeals due to parking wardens errors
- An enhanced customer service offering ensuring Council’s protocols rigorously applied
- A positive culture and improved employee morale
- Streamlining of back-office administration services
- Swiftness and expertise of parking contractor
- Concentration and strengthening on core process rather than supporting ones
- Reducing operational and recruitment cost
- Decrease enquiry handling times
- Increase speed of input
- Increase accurary in processing compounds
- Less manual effort required to process compound thus less human errors.